New Semester, New Plan...


Last semester we started homeschooling L.  Kindergarten.  How hard can that be, right? I got a hand-me-down set of Sonlight K curriculum.  I’d looked at it online and was excited about using it.  I was quickly disappointed and frustrated with it.  It just wasn’t working for L.  We persevered until the middle of November when lots of travel hit, and then in December just did a lot of Christmas related activities.  But I’ve been planning and preparing for this semester with a much better idea of what to do, based on what I learned last semester.  Here’s our plan of attack to finish up kindergarten: 
Bible: mixture of Confessions of a Homeschoolers Character Studies and Desiring God for Kids: He Established a Testimony
Phonics: Sing Spell Read and Write Raceway Book 
Math: Math-U-See Primer
Handwriting Without Tears
Yamaha Music Primary Estrellita
Read Alouds: Vary depending on the week
I am really excited about all that we’re doing this semester.  We started today and had a lot of fun! I think Expedition Earth is going to be the highlight of our homeschool this year.  So thankful to Ericka at Confessions for writing it and making it available to all of us.  It is really well done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!