Speedy Preedy



A couple of weeks ago, I was out doing some errands, and drove by a pet shop.  As I drove by, a guy was setting a cage of rabbits out on the roadside.  K has mentioned a few times over the last few months that she’d love to have a rabbit as a pet.  So I just stopped out of curiosity to see how much they were.  Less than $10.  Sounded fine to me, but I wasn’t totally sold until I saw this brown bunny.  All the rabbits in the cage were white, except this one brown one.  (I don’t like white rabbits, their red eyes freak me out).  Then, upon further inspection, I realized the brown bunny only had three legs.  Oh, I was sold. :)  Now I just had to come home and convince Dad to let us buy him. 
It didn’t take much, only about an hour of persuasion. :)  He agreed it would be good for the kids to have a pet, and so off to the pet store we went to bring the bunny home.  The kids decided on the way back that we would name him Speedy.  Speedy Preedy, the three legged bunny.  Love it! 

He’s been so fun for the kids!  He’s got a lot of personality, for a rabbit, and is pretty clever.  He’s figured out how to get out of his cage and likes to find the spot closest to the heater to plant himself.  He’s also pretty quick for having only  one front leg, though he does loose balance fairly easily. :)  We love having him in our family and are so glad we decided to get him! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!