The Lord is Boundless In His Love


This week, something significant happened.  I feel like I know it.  On Monday, I was driving the kids to the grocery store. I was pretty overcome by an urge to pray for our daughter.  It will probably be at least a year before we even get to meet her, let alone bring her home.  But God just pressed on me to pray for her RIGHT THEN.  So I told the kids, and we prayed for her the rest of the way to the store.  
All day long, I kept having this feeling... “pray for her! pray hard! pray now!”  It was May 9th, 2011.  
As I’ve thought about it all the rest of this week, some many scenarios have run through my head.  What if she was born on Monday? Will we ever know?  I feel like if she’s even close to being the right age, we will claim that day as her birthday, feeling like the Lord gave it to her.  But it could have been any number of other things.  Maybe her birth mother is pregnant and is having complications and things were tense for them both that day.  Maybe her birth mother was contemplating an abortion that day.  Maybe that was the day her mother died.  Maybe she was really really sick on Monday.  Maybe she was in danger. 
I’ll probably never know what was going on that day, but I’m thankful that we have a God who sees all and knows right where she is, and knows how to speak to my heart about her, even though we’re thousands of miles apart and don’t even know each other exist yet.  I know she’s there, and I know we’re coming for her as soon as we can, as soon as God appoints the time.  Please know, little girl, that we love you so much and can’t wait to get our arms around you.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!