For now...

Our house is about 1000 square feet.  Maybe 1100 if I'm being generous.  I so long for a "school" room where I can hang up maps and posters and keep all the school mayhem contained and just close the door. But right now, I don't have that.  And I don't know if I ever will.  For a few weeks, I've been obsessing over finding an apartment with the right combination of things I want, which is crazy, because we can't even move for over a year.  Not until after we bring our daughter home, or we'll have to update our home study, which is much easier said than done while living overseas.

So we're here.  In this little home.  And I decided I'm going to try to make it work long term.  Why not?  Why keep looking for something better when it does not seem like I'll actually find it. : )  There's a lot that goes into this, but the Apostle Paul said, "For I have learned in whatever situation, I am to be content." (Philippians 4:11).  So I'm trying to be content with our small home, and make the best of the small space.

It takes a lot of work to stay organized in a small space.  I'm constantly going through clothes, toys, art supplies, all kinds of things, and tossing stuff we haven't used in awhile to make room for things we need or do use.  Pinterest is helping me with ideas of how to organize, store, use wasted space, consolidate, etc.  We got rid of a desk cabinet that I absolutely loved this week.  It was hard to part with it.  But it didn't function as much more than a computer desk for me, and it was really large and did not use our limited space well.  Instead, I bought this beautiful new cabinet to keep all our school books and supplies in the dining room. Before, the only spot we had was in our bedroom.  It was really inconvenient to everyday, haul everything from the bedroom to the dining room table.  Now, it's all right there, and it doesn't look too bad. : ) I can live with it!



Hopefully coming next week is also a two person desk I'm having built to go in our bedroom.  I got rid of my desk, so have to have somewhere to keep my computer!  We're getting rid of Paul's desk and chair (that I've always loathed, yay!) to make way for a custom designed two person desk and new chairs.  I put it all together myself, inspired by Pinterest.  We'll see how it comes together! I hope I did well on guessing the size of desk our room can handle! : )

Here's to being organized and free of clutter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!