Then I Saw Her Face...

After years of waiting, and months of paperwork, and three months of more waiting, we've seen her face. Friday night, my phone rang and I noticed it was a number from the US.  I answered and was greeted by our adoption coordinator.  My eyes I'm sure got huge, knowing that could only mean one thing... it was time!  She said, "I've got a little girl I want to tell you about."  I think I was only half listening to everything she said, trusting that it would all come in an email in a few minutes.  I was trying to repeat everything to Paul.  Oh, my, it was so exciting!  We received the email a few minutes later, read through all the text and scrolled down and both gasped when we saw her photos.  She is so, so tiny, and so young.  But such big beautiful eyes!  I so wish I could show her picture, but it will have to wait. We officially accepted her referral today, and now the ball is rolling.  I can't stop looking at her face!  We're trying to decide on a name soon so that we can have something to call her.  I will share more of her story in the coming days, but for now, the name she has is not one that we will keep for reasons I will explain later.

Please celebrate with us!  But please also pray for her.  She is off the bottom of the growth chart on her weight, our doctor suspects she is malnourished.  This girl needs to put weight on, and put it on fast.  Thankfully she's in a place where she'll be getting fed well whenever she wants it.  Please pray she will be healthy and grow, baby grow! : )  

Comments

  1. Oh, Megs! I'm SO excited for you ...and for her too. Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, Megan! I can't wait to hear her name and see her face and watch the story unfold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!!!! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOOO...praying for you guys! Cant wait to see the details unfold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!