Thankfulness

I have so much to be thankful for this year.  This has been one incredible year in our family, and it's not quite over yet.  I think back to last Thanksgiving and how adoption was just something out there we'd do at some point in the near future.  That seems so long ago!  So much has happened since then.

I am thankful to be adopted by God into his eternal family. I am thankful that He offers an intimate relationship to his children, allows us to come to him with anything and everything, cares about all our heart aches. I'm thankful that I can trust him with things that are weighing my heart about life, my children, my husband, school, because really, we're all HIS children, and most of it is much bigger than anything I can fix. I'm thankful I can leave things in his mighty, holy, perfect hands and trust that he will take care of it when he sees fit.

I am thankful for my husband. I know I'm not easy to live with.  I'm stubborn, strong-willed, argumentative, and I like to have the last word.  I'm thankful that he loves me in spite of those things, and doesn't usually let me get away with it.  I'm thankful to have him as a best friend through the past 8 years. I'm thankful for fun memories, and a spirit of adventure in him that is lying dormant right now that we will resurrect when the kids are bigger. I'm thankful for his wisdom, and his gentleness.

I am thankful for my children.  I am thankful for Luke, because he is my little man.  He is strong, intelligent, and a strong leader. I'm thankful for his enthusiasm for life, and his playfulness. I'm thankful for Kiryn and her sweet innocence. I'm thankful that she's a girly girl who loves to dress up and fix her hair and have her nails done. I'm thankful for our "girl time" outings that she loves and asks for.  And I'm thankful for my little buddy Levi.  I'm thankful for his cuddly spirit, his sense of humor, and how he keeps us all on our toes. I'm thankful that he has demanded his own place in our family. : )

And this year, I am incredibly thankful for this girl and this smile.
 
I can't wait to make this smile appear by my tickle and snuggle.  I can't wait to hear her voice. I'm thankful for the wonderful care she's receiving right now until we can bring her home, and for her incredibly improved health.  And I'm so thankful for an extended family in the states who has been incredibly supportive of our decision to adopt her.  I am also incredibly thankful to say that our adoption is fully funded at this point. God has provided, almost down to the penny, of what we needed.  He is so good. 

Thank you, God for blessing our family.  Thank you, Jesus, for showing us a life more abundant!

Comments

  1. I love seeing her smile! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture made me tear up! Adoption is such an amazing journey....GOD IS SO GOOD!! She is just precious, Megan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!