What Adoption is Teaching Me: God is BIG

For the past few weeks (since November 11th, when our file was submitted for a court date), I've been wondering all about what our court date will be, when it will be, how it will all happen, how long it will take to hear, all these things.  I knew it was possible that we would get a date in December, but I didn't expect it.  I knew it was possible that we'd hear by the end of this week, but I didn't expect it.

Then last week, I heard from a family that I lived with before I was married.  This family is very dear to me, and I haven't seen them in several years. They became like second parents, and little brothers and sisters to me.  They wrote to tell me that of all things, they would be in Ethiopia the end of December, any chance we'd be there too?  Well, I knew there was a chance, but also knew it wasn't a very big one.

I spent a few days talking over all of these little details with God, telling him the desires of my heart.  God, how bad do I want to see my little girl this year?  How amazing would it be if we were able to see the G family in Ethiopia?  That is totally crazy! God, I'm dreaming of getting that email on Thanksgiving and just having this huge celebration that we received our court date!  But I know you're good, all the time, no matter how you choose to write this story.

And it's like God wants to tell me this: "You think this is hard?  Difficult? Impossible?  This is NOTHING.  This is easy for me."  It's almost like He wants to show off a little. : )

We got our court date.  On Thanksgiving night.  It's December 30th.  I found out the G family's and our travel dates are identical.  Identical.  Exactly the same days we will be in Addis Ababa.  Our hotels are 2 km apart.

And on top of all that, there are three families with our agency I've gotten to interact with a lot through our Yahoo! Group that I was really hoping to meet.  Two of those families got a court date of the 30th as well, so they will be in Addis the same time we are too.

It's all just too much!  I don't deserve all this!  What are the odds of any one of these things happening, let alone all of them?  I just can't stand God's goodness to me, I can't understand it, but I am more thankful this year than I ever have been before.  So thankful I cannot put words to it.  The overflow of my heart and my tears will have to suffice for God. He clearly knows my heart...

He is BIG.  He is ABLE.  He didn't have to do any of this for me.  But He. Did. He's writing Baby M's story in a more dramatic way than I ever imagined.  He's writing our family's story in a more beautiful way than I ever imagined.

And I'll be holding my baby girl in 32 days. 

Comments

  1. Love you, friend and SO EXCITED for you and your family. Watching God work to bless you is fun! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA GOD!!! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is able to do far more abundantly beyond all we ask or think! I love hearing real life reminders of this truth! I'm so encouraged by this and excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome, awesome!! God is so amazing...
    Congratulations, sweet friend. The countdown is ON!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!