Happy Birthday To Me

For the last four months, we have had the joy of having Jessica live with us.  She has been helping us with our handicrafts center as it has been in it's infancy stages.  I don't know what we would have done without her, and I am so thankful that God led her to us in His perfect timing to help us with this work of providing jobs and income to ladies here in our area. 

A few days before my birthday, while I was out and she kept the kids for me, she interviewed them as a birthday gift for me.  I loved this so much!  Words of affirmation are definitely my strongest "love language", and so this was such a special gift for me.  I wanted to share their answers, because they brought me so much joy...

1.  What is something Mommy always says to you?
L- I'm a great picker upper.
K- To obey her. 

2. What makes Mommy happy?
L- When I obey her and she loves rabbits.
K- Giving her cards

3. What makes Mommy sad?
L-When I don't obey and when rabbits scratch her.
K- When we don't pick up our room. 

4. What does Mommy do that makes you laugh?
L- When she's kidding.
K- She makes funny faces at me, like when I got a haircut, her funny faces helped me not to be mad

5. How old is Mommy? 
L- 33
K- Maybe she's 30 or 32.

6. What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
L-Marrying.  It's like she marries Daddy or something
K- To do school with us.

7. What is Mommy's favorite food?
L- Chicken and rice
K- Rice and beans.  My favorite, too.

8. What do you love most about Mommy?
L- When she cooks pizza.
K- I love to buy clothes for me with her.

9. If Mommy were a Disney Princess, who would she be?
L- Ariel.  Because she loves Ariel.
K- Jasmine because Jasmine has black hair and her hair's kind of black.

10.  How do you know that Mommy loves you?
L-She loves me when I do silly things.
K- When she plays paper dolls with me.

11. When is Mommy's favorite place to go?
L- Shopping
K- To the grocery store

12. How do you know Mommy and Daddy love each other?
L- Because they are nice to each other.
K- Because they keep giving each other hugs... and they keep giving each other kisses.

13. Why did God make Mommy's?
L- To take care of babies.  Yep.
K- Because He can make whatever He wants.  You know in Ethiopia, when a kid's mom and dad can't take care of too much kids, then they just take their kids to Ethiopia and leave them there. (We need to work on understanding this, clearly). 

14. What is one thing you want to say to Mommy on her birthday?
L- Surprise!
K- Surprise! I love you!

15.  What makes Mommy special?
L- I love her when she cooks.
K- God. God makes Mommy special.  

Is it possible to have put too much emphasis on obedience and picking up their room?  Ha!  And, sad that they think my favorite place to go is grocery shopping. : )

I will treasure this for years!  Thank you, Jess! 

Comments

  1. Cute! My favorite: #6, Luke. Ha! How often do you marry Paul?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful; I really enjoyed reading it! And of course the grocery store is your favorite place ... you probably go there more than any where else. It makes sense to a 7 and 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious!
    I did these questions with Abigail. Most of her answers were helping clean, keeping everything clean & cleaning up... My favorite was Abigail's answer to #12 "cause you are married!"
    christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commonplace Essays with Writing & Rhetoric

The Trivium: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric

Picking Up Meryn!